What is the Athletic Wall of Fame?
The Notre Dame College Prep Athletic Wall of Fame stands strong in the Gymnasium Lobby as testimony to the efforts and accomplishments of all Notre Dame College Prep Athletes.
The idea for the Athletic Wall of Fame originated in the mid 1970s by then Athletic Director, Fr. Tom King with assistance from Fr. John Corcoran and Fr. Joseph Stroot. On February 17, 1979, Notre Dame College Prep inducted its first Wall of Fame class of 49 athletes. Currently there are 155 athletes and 5 athletic teams on the Wall of Fame.
2016-2017 Athletic Wall of Fame Event & Nomination Information
Nominations will be accepted until Saturday, December 10, 2016. Click HERE to visit www.nddons.org/WOFnomination2016.
The Wall of Fame Event will be held on Friday, February 3, 2017. Watch for more information soon.
Athletic Wall of Fame Criteria
- Degree of success in athletics while at NDCP / primary examples of success
- All Conference
- All Area
- All State
- MVP @ NDCP
- Team Captain @ NDCP
- Degree of success in athletics after NDCP graduation / consideration
- Varsity participation in college
- 5 year wait period after NDCP graduation for consideration. Exceptions reviewed (injuries, accident, etc)
- Majority vote of the WOF Committee members to include
- Athletic Director
- Assistant Athletic Director
- Alumni Representative
- Academic Representative (Named by NDCP Principal)
- Five Wall of Fame members
- Character: One who leads a life consistent with that of the mission of NDCP is a consideration for acceptance into the WOF.
- Final approval by the NDCP Leadership Team
1959-1972 Wall of Fame inductees.
1973-1984 Wall of Fame inductees.
1985-1999 Wall of Fame inductees
2000-2016 Wall of Fame inductees