Notre Dame College Prep Personnel Vacancies 2016-2017 Academic Year
Full-time Administrative Positions:
The teacher is appointed by the Principal and serves under the direct supervision of the Department Chairperson. The Teacher exercises a leadership role within the classroom. Responsibilities of the Teacher involve the establishment of a learning climate within the classroom and school that integrates Gospel values with sound instructional pedagogy.
7:30 am to 3:15 pm – 10 months per year, other hours as needed to fulfill accountabilities
Teachers will teach during five periods per day during the regular school year
Teachers will supervise during one other period per day during the regular school year
Teachers will supervise and/or attend occasional student, parent, and other events throughout the year
- Specific accountabilities shall include, but not be limited to:
- Demonstrating knowledge of the mission and philosophy of Notre Dame College Prep and support in incorporating and communicating its vision.
- Providing professional instructional leadership within the classroom through carefully prepared and planned lessons, and developing a positive classroom environment.
- Establishing and executing clearly stated expectations for student behavior and classroom management.
- Regularly monitoring student progress and applying it to the objectives of the classroom as well as content and skill development.
- Providing appropriately differentiated instruction to students of varying ability levels.
- Utilizing data to inform instruction and assessment.
- Carrying out all assigned supervisory duties with care and professional concern.
- Working collaboratively within the department to establishing departmental goals and objectives.
- Actively participating in the process of curriculum mapping and development.
- Communicating with counseling staff regarding students who are suspected of having mental health or substance use issues.
- Actively participating in department and faculty meetings and collaborative learning.
- Working collaboratively with the entire Notre Dame faculty and staff in developing the total program of the school.
- Serving as an after school proctor as assigned by the Dean of Students where applicable.
- Developing improved use of technology and technology assessment for students.
- Utilizing iPads as a 1:1 technology resource for teaching and learning.
- Utilizing technology in appropriate manners to deliver content and assess learning.
- Maintaining open communication with administration regarding specific issues involving students, parents, staff, and the community, as well as program development.
- Continuing professional self-development.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Bachelor degree in content area or teaching in that content area, excellent communication skills, an energetic and outgoing personality, strong administrative/organizational skills, and familiarity with 1:1 technology, Google Docs and basic computing are essential.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Master degree in content area or education, experience in secondary education, and experience in a Catholic school setting are preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be provided according to experience and education as dictated by salary scale.Full health, vision and dental benefits are provided. 403(b) match is available.
August 1, 2017
Electronic submission is preferred. Interested candidates should forward cover letter and resume to:
Notre Dame College Prep
7655 West Dempster
Niles, IL 60714