What is the Athletic Wall of Fame?
The Notre Dame College Prep Athletic Wall of Fame (WOF) stands strong in the gym lobby as testimony to the efforts and accomplishments of all Notre Dame College Prep athletes over the past 60+ years.
The idea of the Athletic Wall of Fame originated in the mid 1970's by then Athletic Director, Fr. Tom Kim with assistance from Fr. John Corcoran and Fr. Joseph Stroot. On February 17, 1979, Notre Dame College Prep inducted its first Wall of Fame class of 49 athletes. Currently there are 148 athletes and 3 athletic teams on the Wall of Fame.
Candidates for the Notre Dame College Prep Wall of Fame must have achieved a high level of athletic success while attending NDCP.
2015-2016 Athletic Wall of Fame Event & Nomination Information
The 2015-2016 Athletic Wall of Fame event is scheduled for February 5, 2016. CLICK HERE to nominate someone for the Wall of Fame. Nominations will be accepted up through Friday, November 20. 2015.
Athletic Wall of Fame Criteria
- Degree of success in athletics while at NDCP / primary examples of success
- All Conference
- All Area
- All State
- MVP @ NDCP
- Team Captain @ NDCP
- Degree of success in athletics after NDCP graduation / consideration
- Varsity participation in college
- 5 year wait period after NDCP graduation for consideration. Exceptions reviewed (injuries, accident, etc)
- Majority vote of the WOF Committee members to include
- Athletic Director
- Assistant Athletic Director
- Alumni Director
- Academic Representative (Named by NDCP Principal)
- Five Wall of Fame members
- Character: One who leads a life consistent with that of the mission of NDCP is a consideration for acceptance into the WOF.
- Final approval by the NDCP Leadership Team
1959-1972 Wall of Fame inductees.
1973-1984 Wall of Fame inductees.
1985-1999 Wall of Fame inductees
2000-2013 Wall of Fame inductees
2014 Wall of Fame inductees